It’s been a while since I posted on the blog, I just realized I have a couple of drafts just seating there unfinished and needing more work however life is always in the middle. So these are the highlights from the past months
I decided to move back to my home country (Honduras) because Italy was a bit different than I expected and well I just made a decision that I feel at this time works better for us. I had a great time exploring Europe with my wife and kids, got to visit Portugal, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Italy and Scotland so good experience anyway.
I guess we missed the vibes & food of Latin America. If you haven’t been to this part of the world you should.
I am in the middle of setting up my own company because you know it sounds better but as an Aviation Consultant I already have several partners where we work together in several things, if you are looking for help in the following topics then just drop me a line, you can visit my website www.antoniolocandro.com & fill the contact us information
Some of the services
- Aeronautical Information Management
- Aeronautical Charting
- Obstacle Evaluation
- Instrument Flight Procedure Design
- Aeronautical Surveys for Obstacle Limitation Surfaces and Procedure Design
- Ad-hoc consultancy & services for AIM and PANS OPS/PBN
I am preparing some courses to be delivered next year, can’t disclose too much still about them but they will involve aeronautical charting including hand-on using my fave open source project qgis, Pans-Ops and AIXM now how cool is that
I attended the First Congress of the Space Faculty of the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Honduras from where I graduated as a Civil Engineer
Currently working Pro Bono on the improvement of a local aerodrome in Honduras , Utila (MHUT) with the review of the obstacle limitation surfaces, the proposal of instrument approach procedures and inclusion in the Honduras AIP
Still Things to do:
- I really want to continue the AIM 101 podcast, after I am settled (now back in Honduras!) in and I buy better equipment I will try it out again. Need to move out of Soundcloud as the hour limit is not working or I need a sponsor just for hosting. Thinking about moving over to Youtube
- I am an aeronautical charting guy, not many digital resources there so I want to transform the symbology from ICAO Annex 4 to svg and icons you can use with any software you want (tegola, qgis, mapbox, etc), check my current github aeronautical charting project
- Teaching PANS OPS with DOC 8168 it’s well….difficult. I want to develop a workbook with step by step instructions.